The advanced filter can be a very useful tool when trying to remove duplicate values from a field.
Working example: To remove duplicate position numbers from an establishment report.
- From the toolbar select Data > Filter > Advanced Filter…
- Click the selector tool for the List Range (circled below)
- Click the header bar for the G column (Position No) to select all the data in that column
- It should be automatic but check the Criteria Range is the range for all the data you wish to include in the filter
- Tick the box “Unique records only”
- Click OK.The duplicates (rows 9 and 10) that contain the same position number as row 8 have now been hidden from view.