We are looking for paid interns to assist our growing our website: www.automateexcel.com .
About Us: Automate Excel is a 12 year old Excel / VBA resource. At one point in time, automateexcel.com was considered an authority in the Excel world. Unfortunately, prior to acquisition by new owners earlier this year, the site had not been updated since 2008. Our plan is to restore the site as one of the most visited Excel websites on the internet.
We generate revenue by selling our own Excel training, acting as an affiliate for other Excel / VBA related tools, and through ads.
This is a telecommuting role. Hired interns will set their own schedules, however they will be expected to maintain a consistent weekly schedule in order to collaborate effectively with us. Interns will be expected to work a minimum of 10 hours per week, up to 20 hours depending on availability.
Hired interns will work on a wide range of tasks related to the business end of the website. No web coding experience is required. Tasks include:
– “Competitor” Outreach: We have a list of 400+ sites in our area. We are looking for an intern to use an outreach system (ex. Buzzstream) to engage with these sites, develop relationships, build links back to our site, and hopefully develop partnerships. Experience with an outreach system is not required.
– Other Outreach: Interns will also work with our offshore contractors to acquire new leads and reach out to these leads. This will also include help in developing (and testing) various pitches to these new leads.
– Mailing List: We need help managing our mailing list. This will involve creating sign-up forms, pop-ups, landing pages, and possibly composing emails.
– Paid Advertising: Interns will set up, test, and monitor paid advertising campaigns on search engines, Facebook, Youtube, etc.
– Competitor Analysis: Interns will discover popular content in our area, so that we can create a better resource and draw more traffic to our site.
– Other Miscellaneous Tasks: We have a long list of other projects that we need completed (including website redesign work). The above list are the most urgent, however we can tailor this role to each intern’s interests.
As some of our work also involves basic writing (ex. ads, emails, etc.), fluency in English is a must. If you enjoy writing, we can tailor the role to your interest. However, as long as you are comfortable composing simple emails, an interest in writing is not required.
Interns will be expected to teach themselves how to use the various online tools required (ex. Facebook ad manager, email outreach tools, email list manager, etc.). While the above mentioned tasks may seem daunting, interns will receive specific instructions for each task and will have regular access to ask questions. Our main requirement is that interns are self-starters who are willing to work on new tasks and are interested in topics like search engine optimization (SEO), optimizing conversion rates (ex. percentage of people who open emails) and ROI (ex. If a click costs $2, what conversion rate do we need to in order to break even selling a $100 product). It is also imperative that interested applicants are tech-saavy, as this role will involve using numerous online programs.
We believe this is the perfect position for anyone interested in ecommerce, online analytics, or anyone looking for a flexible internship. Interested applicants should be available to begin work immediately.
To apply, please email your resume (including GPA and expected graduation date) and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .