How to Clear the Cache in Excel & Google Sheets
This tutorial demonstrates how to clear the cache in Excel and Google Sheets.
Clear Cache in Excel
If you have a problem with editing a document or Excel is taking too long to load, you should try clearing the cache.
- In the Ribbon, select File > Options.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Save window and then in the (1) Cache Settings, click (2) Delete cached files.
- In the pop-up window, select Delete Cached Files.
- The cache will be cleared. Click OK to close the Excel Options window.
Clear Cache in Google Sheets
- To clear the cache in Google Sheets, first open Google Sheets.
- Click on the View site information icon (padlock icon) in the address bar.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Site settings.
- In the Settings window, choose Privacy and security from the left-side menu. Under the Usage section, select Clear data.
- A pop-up message appears asking for your confirmation. Click Clear.
As a result, the Google Sheets cache is cleared.