The team at Automate Excel has hundreds of years of collective experience working with Microsoft Excel.
Every writer for the site has been vetted to ensure that they have the necessary Excel / VBA expertise. Additionally, every article has been reviewed by one of our editors.
If you notice an error on the website, please contact us and we will address it immediately.
Steve worked as an actuary for Aon Hewitt where he developed Excel training for new hires. He left Aon Hewitt to found Spreadsheet Boot Camp LLC where he created Spreadsheet Boot Camp and trained students at leading universities in Excel. He also provided Excel / VBA consulting services to many organizations including the Society of Actuaries (SOA) where he advised on Excel best practices and developed Excel materials used in the SOA’s accreditation process. He has almost 20 years of in-depth experience with Microsoft Excel.
He has served as an Editor on AutomateExcel.com and is the developer of the Excel add-ins found on the site.
Steve holds a B.B.A in Actuarial Science, Finance, Economics, and Risk Management from the University of Wisconsin – Madison.
Laura worked as an actuary at Assurant Specialty Property for 8 years, during which she used Excel extensively, becoming an expert. She left to pursue her passion for writing and now works at LauraTEdits.com as a copy editor in addition to her role as an editor at AutomateExcel.com. She has 10+ years of experience as an editor.
At AutomateExcel.com, our mission is to provide our readers with accurate, up-to-date, and actionable content related to Microsoft Excel and VBA. Our goal is to empower users of all skill levels to harness the power of Excel and VBA in their personal and professional lives.
- Accuracy: All content is fact-checked for accuracy. Any tutorials or how-to guides are thoroughly tested to ensure they work as described.
- Originality: All articles and posts are original works. Any sourced content or references must be appropriately credited. We do not condone plagiarism in any form.
- Clarity: Content should be written in a clear, concise manner that’s accessible to both beginners and advanced users. Technical jargon should be explained or linked to additional resources.
- Engagement: We encourage the inclusion of relevant images, charts, and screenshots to illustrate points and enhance reader understanding. Interactive elements, such as embedded Excel templates or worksheets, are a plus.
- Updates: Microsoft Excel is a constantly evolving software. We commit to updating our content when significant changes occur that affect the accuracy or relevance of our posts.
Feedback and Corrections
We value feedback from our readers. If inaccuracies or errors are found, we encourage our community to reach out. Corrections will be made in a timely manner, with transparency regarding the nature of the change.
Ethics and Integrity
While we may partner with brands or feature sponsored content, our readers’ trust is paramount. All sponsored content or advertisements will be clearly labeled, and all product or service reviews will be unbiased, regardless of any partnerships.