Excel / VBA Developer
Hello, I am Steve Rynearson,
Excel / VBA Developer.
I've spent over 10 years using Excel, VBA, SQL, R, and more to manipulate, analyze, and present data.
In addition to data analytics, I've worked on many budgeting, forecasting, financial, and accounting projects.
Don't let my inner data-nerd fool you. I'm business and results oriented. I design tools that are user-friendly and can easily communicate with non-technical users.
I'm Good At...
Organize, manipulate, validate, analyze, and present data
Accounting, budgeting, forecasting, and advanced financial analysis
Use historical data to project the future
Excel and VBA training and consulting
Technical Skill Levels
2012 to Present
Spreadsheet Boot Camp LLC / Austin, TX
- Led Excel training for many student groups at large university across the country
- Consulted organizations on spreadsheet "best practices" to reduce errors and increase transparency
- Built data-processing from ground-up to turn days-long processes into a few clicks of the mouse
- Many other misc. Excel, VBA, data, and accounting projects
2008 - 2012
AonHewitt / Chicago, IL
- Prepared annual budgeting, forecasting, and accounting analysis.
- Conducted one-off assumption studies and other data projections.
Relevant Actuarial exams:
Probability - Law of total probability, Bayes' theorem, basic counting, common discrete and continuous distributions, univariate and multivariate distributions, order statistics, transformation of distributions, conditional expectation, variance and covariance, basic knowledge of insurance and risk management
2006 - 2011
Society of Actuaries
Financial Mathematics - Basic interest theory, annuities, bonds, loans, cash flows, portfolios, immunization, and financial derivatives, options, hedging, investment strategies, forwards, futures, and swaps
Construction and Evaluation of Actuarial Models - Severity models, frequency models, aggregate models, construction of empirical models, construction and selection of parametric models, estimating failure time and loss, determining the acceptability of a fitted model, credibility, simulation
2004 - 2008
University of Wisconsin / Madison, WI
- Actuarial Science
- Risk Management & Insurance
Graduated University of Wisconsin - Madison in 2008 with a Bachelors of Business Administration. Majored in Finance, Actuarial Science, Economics, and Risk Management & Insurance. Member of Men's Track and Field team.