This tutorial demonstrates how to copy and paste hyperlinks in Excel and Google Sheets.
Copy Hyperlink in Excel
If you click on the cell with the hyperlink, Excel automatically opens a web browser and goes to the target of the hyperlink.
- To copy the hyperlink, click to the left of the actual hyperlink and then use your keyboard to move your Excel pointer onto the cell that contains the hyperlink.
- Then, in the Ribbon, go to Home > Clipboard > Copy or Press CTRL + C on the keyboard.
- Click where you wish to copy the hyperlink and then, in the Ribbon, go to Home > Clipboard > Paste (or press CTRL + V on the keyboard).
Copy Hyperlink in Google Sheets
In Google Sheets, you can also copy hyperlinks in the same sheet, or between sheets, using copy-paste.
- Select the cell with the hyperlink and press CTRL + C on the keyboard.
- Move to your destination cell, and then press CTRL + V to paste the hyperlink.
Copy Hyperlink From Excel to Google Sheets
- To copy a hyperlink from Excel to Google Sheets, or the other way around, you can also use CTRL + C and CTRL + V.
- Select the hyperlink in one app (e.g., Excel) and then press CTRL + C.
- Switch to the other app (e.g., Google Sheets), select the cell where you want to place the hyperlink, and press CTRL + V.