This tutorial will demonstrate how to highlight cells if multiple conditions are met using Conditional Formatting in Excel and Google Sheets.
Conditional Formatting With Multiple Conditions
- Select the range you want to apply formatting to.
- In the Ribbon, select Home > Conditional Formatting > New Rule.
- Select Use a formula to determine which cells to format, and enter the following formula:
- Click on the Format button.
- Set a format. For example, an orange fill color.
- Click OK, then OK again to return to the Conditional Formatting Rules Manager.
- Click Apply to apply the formatting to your selected range and then click Close.
Every cell in the range selected that has a value greater than 5 and less than 10 will have its background color changed to orange.
Multiple Conditions in Google Sheets
The process to highlight cells based on the value contained in that cell in Google Sheets is similar to the process in Excel.
- Highlight the cells you wish to format, and then click on Format > Conditional Formatting.
- The Apply to Range section will already be filled in.
- From the Format Rules section, select Custom Formula.
- Select the fill style for the cells that meet the criteria.
- Click Done to apply the rule.