This tutorial demonstrates how to bold lines in Excel and Google Sheets.
In Excel, you can bold a whole line (row) or multiple lines at once. Say you have the following data set and want to bold all lines with data (1–8).
- Select all the rows you want to bold (1–8) by selecting their row numbers on the left side.
- In the Ribbon, go to the Home tab.
- Click the Bold icon (or use the keyboard shortcut CTRL + B).
As a result, Rows 1–8 are now bolded.
Note: You can also use VBA code to bold lines.
Bold Lines in Google Sheets
Similar to Excel, you can also bold lines easily in Google Sheets.
- Select all the rows you want to bold (1–8).
- In the Menu, click the Bold icon (or use the keyboard shortcut CTRL + B).
The result is the same as in Excel.