This tutorial demonstrates how to copy comments in Excel.
Copy a Comment
Say you want to copy a comment from cell D3 to cell C4.
To copy D3’s comment to cell C4, follow these steps:
- Copy cell D3 by selecting it and entering CTRL + C on the keyboard.
- Right-click on cell C4 and choose Paste Special…
- In the pop-up screen, choose Comments and Notes and click OK.
As a result, the comment is copied from cell D3 to cell C4.
Copy a Note
Copying a note in Excel works the exact same way; Paste Special is the same for comments and notes.
Copy Comments in Google Sheets
While you cannot copy a comment or note within a Google sheet itself, but you can ensure that the comments and notes are also copied but when you make a copy of your commented sheet.
- In the Menu, go to File > Make a copy.
- Tick Copy comments. If you wish to copy resolved comments, check that option too, and then click Make a copy.
This creates a new Google document that includes any comments and notes from in the original document.