Highlight Blank Cells -Conditional Formatting
This tutorial will demonstrate you how to highlight blank cells using Conditional Formatting in Excel and Google Sheets
Highlight Blank Cells with Conditional Formatting – ISBLANK Function
To highlight blank cells with conditional formatting, you can use the ISBLANK Function within a Conditional Formatting rule.
- Select the range to apply the formatting (ex. B3:E11)
- In the Ribbon, select Home > Conditional Formatting > New Rule.
- Select “Use a formula to determine which cells to format‘, and enter the following formula:
- Click on the Format button and select your desired formatting.
- Click OK, and then OK once again to return to the Conditional Formatting Rules Manager.
- Click Apply to apply the formatting to your selected range and then click Close.
Now your range is conditionally formatted if blank cells are detected:
Google Sheets –Highlight Blank Cells (Conditional Formatting)
All of the above examples work exactly the same in Google Sheets as in Excel.