Delete / Remove Named Range(s) in Excel & Google Sheets
This tutorial will demonstrate how to remove named ranges in Excel and Google Sheets.
Delete Range Name
To delete a range name in our worksheet, we need to access the Name Manager.
- In the Ribbon, select Formulas > Defined Names > Name Manager.
The Name Manager will show all the named ranges in the Worksheet and Workbook.
- Select the Name to delete, and then click the Delete button.
- Click OK to delete the range name, and then click Close to close the Name Manager.
Alternatively, you can use macros to delete range names.
Delete Range Name in Google Sheets
- In the Menu, select Data > Named Ranges.
- Click on the range name, and then click Edit.
- Click the Delete button.
- Click Remove to remove the range name.