This tutorial will explain how to print selected worksheets on one page in Excel and Google sheets.
Adjusting Page Setup
You might have a worksheet that needs to fit on a single page but when you go to Print Preview, or to Page Break Preview, automatic page breaks are created as the worksheet is too big to fit onto one page.
1. To view the page breaks, click on the Page Break Preview button in the bottom right hand corner of your screen, or in the Ribbon, select View > Page Break Preview.
In the Ribbon, in the Page Layout tab, the Scale value in Scale to Fit is 100%. This means that no scaling has been applied and Excel will insert the page breaks automatically.
However, you can adjust the scaling of the worksheet to force it to print on only one page.
2. In the Ribbon, select Page Setup > Scaling > Width > 1 Page.
3. This will fit all the columns to one page. Now select Page Setup > Scaling > Height > 1 page.
Without adjusting column widths, this will guarantee that all columns will print on one page. Any page breaks that were on the sheet will disappear. Still in Page Break Preview, you’ll see the blue lines around the data in the worksheet, indicating that there’s now only one page instead of the four pages previously shown.
Alternatively, to achieve the same result, in the Ribbon, select File > Print > Settings > Fit Sheet on One Page.
This will automatically size the text in the worksheet so that all the rows and columns will fit onto one page in the printout.
Printing Multiple Worksheets on Individual Sheets
If you have multiple worksheets in your workbook, all of which need scaling to fit on an individual page each, you can select the sheets as a group and then adjust the scaling for all of them together.
1. Right-click on the sheet tabs and click Select All Sheets.
This will group the worksheets together. Now, when you adjust any formatting or setup, it will affect all of the selected sheets instead of just one of them.
2. Adjust the scaling as described above to fit one sheet wide and one sheet tall, or in Preview mode, to Fit Sheet on One Page.
Each worksheet will now fit into a single page.
Print Selected Worksheets on One Page in Google Sheets
You can’t select multiple sheets in Google Sheets, but you can scale a single sheet to print to one page.
1. In the File menu, select Print to show the Page Setup options available.
2. Select the drop down box to the right of Scale and then select Fit to Page.
The selected Google Sheet will preview all on one page.