In this article, you will learn how to center worksheets horizontally and vertically in Excel and Google Sheets.
Center Worksheets Horizontally and Vertically
Center via Page Layout
2. To center the worksheet horizontally and vertically on the page, in the Ribbon, go to Page Layout > Margins > Custom Margins.
2. The Page Setup window will appear. Under Center on page, choose both Horizontally and Vertically.
3. To see final results, in the Ribbon, click on File, and from the drop-down menu choose Print (or use the CTRL + P shortcut).
Step 3 opens the Print Preview window. In that view, you can see how your worksheet will look when it’s printed. As a result of the steps above, the selected print area is positioned in the center.
Center Using Print Preview
Another option to center a worksheet for printing is to start from Print Preview
1. In the Ribbon, click on File and from the drop-down menu, choose Print.
2. In Print settings, click on Normal Margins (this is chosen by default), and from the drop-down menu choose Custom Margins.
3. This opens the Page Setup window. Under the Center on page section, choose both Horizontally and Vertically to center the selected print area.
As a result, the selected print area will be centered on the worksheet.
NOTE: To apply this print layout on multiple sheets at the same time, just select all the sheets you need, then follow the steps above.
Center Worksheets in Google Sheets
Centering a worksheet horizontally and vertically in Google Sheets looks a bit different.
1. In the Toolbar, click on File, and from the drop-down menu, choose Print (or use CTRL + P shortcut).
2. In Print Settings, under Alignment, for Horizontal and Vertical choose Center.
As a result of the previous step, the print area is positioned in the center of the worksheet.