This tutorial demonstrates how to change the print area in Excel and Google Sheets.
Clear and Set the Print Area
- Select the worksheet where you want to clear the print area, and then in the Ribbon, go to Page Layout > Print Area > Clear Print Area.
- Then, highlight the range you want to print, and in the Ribbon, go to Page Layout > Print Area > Set Print Area.
Change the Print Area in Page Break Preview
- In the bottom-right corner of your screen, change your view to Page Break Preview. This shows you the print area that is set in your worksheet.
- You can change the print area by dragging the blue outline of the print area up, down, left, or right. Note that the cursor changes to a double-headed arrow, and the new print area has a green outline.
- Release the mouse to change the print area.
How to Change the Print Area in Google Sheets
Google sheets does not have the ability to save a specific print area but you can select the range of cells you wish to print, and then chose to only print that selection rather than the entire sheet.
- Select the cells you wish to print, and then in the Toolbar, click the Print icon.
- In the Print drop down on the right side of your screen, choose Selected Cells to print only the cells you have selected.